The University of Arizona Department of Medicine offers residency positions through the National Resident Matching Program.
To apply to the program you will need to do the following:
1. Register with the National Resident Matching Program. Their address is:
National Resident Matching Program
2450 N. Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20037-1127
2. We use the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) for our application process. Only those applying through ERAS will be considered. Please contact your Dean's Office for further information regarding this process.
Interviews will be scheduled after review of completed applications. A completed application will consist of the following:
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Dean's Letter or Proof of Graduation
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
Important Application Information:
- Although there is no set USMLE or COMLEX cut-off score; applicants should score at least 200 on USMLE Step I and Step II to be competitive
- Applicants should have substantial and credible hands-on clinical experience (not observerships) of at least two months in the US within the last 3 years
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the last five years
- Applicants with USMLE scores must have taken USMLE Step 2 (CK) and USMLE Step 2 (CS) by the time of Match
- A typical invited interviewee will be scheduled for a day of activities including program presentation, facility tours, interviews at University Medical Center and discussions with housestaff at lunch.
- Interviews may be scheduled as early as October and as late as February
As a condition of employment, all new University of Arizona residents must obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card, in accordance with A.R.S. 15-1881, and pass a criminal background check.
International Medical School Graduates:
- Applicant must have passed USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2 (CK)
- USMLE Step 2 (CS) must have either been taken and passed, or applied to by the time of application
- ECFMG certification and USMLE Step 2 CS) is vertified at Match
- Visa Information: Applicant must enter on a J1 Visa
GME Eligibility and Selection Policy (COM)
Visiting/Transfer Student Admissions
To expedite any questions regarding your application or for correspondence, please contact:
University of Arizona-Tucson Hospitals Internal Medicine Residency Program
1501 N.Campbell Ave.
P O Box 245040
Tucson, Arizona 85724-5040
FAX: (520) 626-6020
TEL: (520) 626-2761
Email: Kerith Lisa, Program Coordinator Sr.
Email: Michele Dalmendray, Program Coordinator Sr.
Email: Julie Forte, Administrative Assistant